Data & Digital Services
Suzanne Hiemstra is specialised in privacy law and works within the Data & Digital Services team at De Roos. She advises clients on various privacy matters and converts these advises in transparent GDPR documentation. She is CIPP/E certified, i.e. Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe.
Before joining De Roos, Suzanne worked at the legal tech company Legalloyd during her master's in Information Law. At Legalloyd, she drafted model contracts for multiple law areas and provided legal advice to entrepreneurs. During her master's programme, Suzanne was working as an editor at the Informail magazine (run by the Student Association for Information Law), publishing various articles on Privacy Law and Intellectual Property.
Examples of Suzanne’s work:
- Advising on privacy legislation and compliance, i.e. on the (international) transfer of personal data, marketing and personalised advertising, data subject requests and data breaches
- Drafting and reviewing privacy documentation, such as privacy and cookie statements, data retention policies and data breach protocols
- Performing Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Setting up and executing privacy compliance programs
- Vereniging Privacy Recht, VPR (Association of Privacy Law)
- Jonge Privacy Advocaten Nederland, JPAN (Association of young Privacy Lawyers in the Netherlands)