Pieter-Paul Elion specialises in financial supervisory legislation and advises financial undertakings on a broad range of regulatory matters, including market access, licensing and compliance. Having gained experience in the Corporate Law team of De Roos, Pieter-Paul is currently focused on introducing clients to innovative business models in the financial sector as well as regulatory aspects of M&A transactions.
Pieter-Paul studied at Leiden University, the Netherlands as well as Monash University, Australia.
Notable examples of Pieter-Paul’s work:
- Crypto and blockchain: assisting global centralized exchange to obtain a registration with the Dutch Central Bank (DNB)
- Advising on AMLD/CFT related matters for a crypto service provider
- Advising on payment services legislation (PSD2), incl. scoping/exemptions
- Investment funds: advising fund managers and investors with structuring investment funds, and closing investment rounds
- Advising on corporate transactions, such as:
- Leydenjar Technologies: Series A funding by investor consortium Yard Energy, ING, InvestNL
- Leydenjar Technologies: European Investment Bank funding
- Outflank: sale to Fortra cybersecurity
- De Buurtboer: sale to Albron catering
- Rouze: seed investment by Orange Wings